Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Death Note

Ever since I was introduced to the Death Note from my brother's Japanese girlfriend, Miki, I've been a huge fan. Not only is the art awesome, but the story is amazing. It's complicated, and I love the literal genius of Light, L, Near, and Mello.

The story of the death note and Shinigami  is very interesting, but Tsugumi Ohba and manga artist Takeshi Obata turn it into something incredible. I highly recommend checking the series out!

I've yet to see the movie, but I definitely will asap!

Also, I'd recommend taking a look at the Veronica Fish's blog, to check out the new graphic novel, Pirates of Mars she illustrated (by JJ Kahrs), you can read the comic on Pirates of Mars or buy a special preview at Lulu, plus she has a discount code on her blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment