Thursday, February 17, 2011

Violet Baudelaire

"what does VFD really stand for?"
I love A Series of Unfortunate Events. I read them throughout elementary and middle school, but I would read them again now. In fact, I might re-read the series this year! I love the sense of complete mystery it creates, it makes you feel like you couldn't possibly understand what's going on, that there's more to life than you think. Anyway, since I'm feeling a little stuck with my AP concentration lately, I decided to work on a breadth piece, so I am painting a portrait of Violet Baudelaire, my version of her. I used the the artist of the series, Brett Helquist, version of her, along with some picture references of features, but I'm not going for a realistic look. It's been fun painting a big face like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment