Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Swinging with the Old Stars

Over spring break I decided to draw something on my free time that would just be for fun, something I could keep, whatever I felt like. I thought that it would be great to do a series of portraits showing me and some of my closest friends at home and at UMaine! I chose pictures of the online, then drew them out in pencil, inked them with pen, and added some color! I had a lot of fun doing this, and it was cool to show it to all of them once I finished. On the left are my friends Maya and Joe from Maine, then my friend and roommate Robyn, my boyfriend Jackson, me, my sister Megan, and my friends from home, Andrea and Magda! 

Good portraiture practice! A few of these I got the face down on try one, but some - especially my own - took a bit of erasing and re-drawing!

Me n Jackson


Done with inking, fun, but you don't want to over do it

Finished after a week or two!



Me and Jackson after a formal for his fraternity, ATO

Starting out spring break at Jackson's! We had barely had any snow on winter, but as soon as we left, on the drive home, there was a little snow storm! We made this that night in the dark.

At the end of spring break I flew down and stayed with Megan in her dorm at Savannah College of Art and Design in Georgia! It was awesome, the weather was really nice, the city is really pretty, and I got to meet all her friends and her boyfriend, Zach.

No comments:

Post a Comment