Friday, April 8, 2011

"See you in another life, brother"

"Three days before you came down here. before we met, I heard a banging on the hatch doors, shouting. But it was you John, wasn't it? You say there isn't any purpose, there's no such thing as fate. But you saved my life, brother, so that I could save yours."

Lost is one of my all-time favorite TV shows, I always loved the character Desmond, and his frequently used (mysterious) line, "I'll see you in another life, brother." Plus it sounds cool with his Scottish accent. I've actually been re-watching the first season recently, I was so confused my first time watching it, but now that I actually understand everything somewhat, I'm able to pick up on why things are happening.

This is one of my new concentration pieces, titled "Growth." With this one I wanted to show that it is the combined magic of snow girl and the snow that is causing the magical plants to grow. So, as she walks through the snow, the plants emerge!

Growth
This is my completed "Portrait of Inspiration." For this piece I wanted to portray myself in an abstract way (the assignment was a self-portrait without a face). I tried to think of what connects everything I love: Nordic skiing, alpine skiing, trail running, running the hurdles, creating art, reading, mathematics, working on the glaciers, etc. What I came up with was challenge and inspiration. I challenge myself to run the 400 hurdles, to learn to ski the moguls, to teach myself calculus, to work on the glaciers every year, and I love these challenges. But, what I get from these challenges is inspiration. From this inspiration is where I find the resolve to keep challenging myself. I decided to portray challenge as a sweat drop, and that drops starts the inspiration, which grows and changes, and finally takes a path.

Portrait of Inspiration
 It was my twin Megan and my birthday on April 2nd, we're 18! I got some nice new hiking boots. I had done some research before going to New England Backpacker, and luckily my top choice was at the store! I also go the whole Harry Potter set, and tickets for the 30 Seconds to Mars concert May 1st! Below I put some little treats me and my sister picked out from The Crown Bakery.




No comments:

Post a Comment