Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Book Illustration & Boston Marathon

The Guest

I got this T-shirt from Threadless recently, I thought it was a very cool design! I think that the guest is probably the astronaut in this situation.
Some of my favorite artwork is illustrations in books, I have always loved Brett Helquist's work, particularly in A Series of Unfortunate Events. He has a distinct style, and uses a lot of diagonal lines and crosshatching 

I also love Keith Thompson's art in the steam-punk (Clanker) vs. animal hybrid (Darwinist) series, Leviathan. 


The Boston Marathon was an exciting watch the other day, of course I was cheering on the more well known Ryan Hall and Kara Goucher, but I was extremely excited to see Michigan's Desiree Davila place second! It was an exciting race for girls and guys, and of course a new men's world record (hopefully it isn't discredited!) of 2:03:02, incredible! Geoffrey Mutai of Kenya pulled ahead of fellow countryman Moses Mosop to win by .03 minutes and get this time!
Mosop and Mutai

Davila

Hall
Goucher






No comments:

Post a Comment